Monday, July 27, 2015

New 210s (2c Red Brown of 1883)

I want to thank Elwyn and Annie Doubleday of Doubleday Postal History for being the conduit through which I added about 40 new post offices to my already extensive Scott #210 collection.

There are certain stamps that collectors have zeroed in on to collect as a speciality.  In the USA, such stamps are the 3c imperf 1851, the 3c 1869 Locomotive and the 2c 1883, all stamps that were issued to meet a first class rate and therefore were probably available from almost every contemporary post office.  At the current time, I have about 250 different post office examples in my collection out of the 400+ post offices that were in operation in Vermont during the 1880s.

Here are a few highlights of what I was able to add to my collection.  All are on full envelopes even though some of the scans show smaller versions.


An interesting killer from Chester.

Clarendon is misspelled Clarend"E"n
on this letter to New South Wales

A double oval from Gassetts


A nice shield cancel from Hinesburgh

An example from Pearl #1

Royalton "Star of David"

A duplex cancel with an oval and a scarab killer

==================================

Don't forget to check out my other blogs:








No comments:

Post a Comment