Friday, April 23, 2010

Vermont Post Office Pictures

For the past year I have been traveling through Vermont taking pictures of its post offices.  The goal is to be able to document all 270+ post offices.  


I think that the Fair Haven (Rutland County) post office is the most unusual design that I have photographed so far.  Definitely a modern design.

Coventry (Orleans County) is a small post office located in a private home.  But I love the gingerbread design on the eaves and on the side porches.  Such an inviting post office.


When I return home, I print the picture on envelopes and send to the post office for copies of their postmark.  Currently, I have about 90 such envelopes and hope to do at least another 90 this summer while it's easy to get around the State of Vermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment